Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sniff... oh whoa is me...sniff

After all the renos have been done and now I can stop to relax, guess what? I have crashed. My eldest suggested  that I should have taken more breaks. She is so smart sometimes. Alas, I did not, knowing that the longer I took to complete said project, the longer I had to deal with the chaos in my living room. So now the living room is complete, but I have a cold. Lovely. Sniffle... A pile of Kleenexes sit beside me and I have been slathering on chapstick, as I was a bit of a mouth breather last night. Pretty picture, I know. So I am going to regale you with something a friend posted on her blog. Here we go...

1. What is your current obsession?
just coming out of a renovation obsession :) Other than that, it is blogland


2. What are you wearing today?
jeans and a comfy red striped hooded sweater. Not feeling overly glamorous today sniffle


3. What’s for dinner?
it was supposed to be the Mandarin for a bday dinner, but I think I have been bumped for being a contaminated soul :(

4. What’s the last thing you bought?
 a birthday present for Miss Ella's birthday - No, wait! gas and a car wash! Gotta love car washes. they are fun!!

5. What are you listening to right now?
I can faintly hear Treehouse from the basement - perhaps Dora?


6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
she has a great sense of humour and needs to believe in herself more. I do!


7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
I kind of like my neighbourhood right now, as my neighbours are absolutely wonderful, but I wish we were closer to the ocean or some other large body of water


8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
sandals and tank tops


9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
South Africa to go visit with relatives and soak up some sun


10. Which language do you want to learn?
hmm, maybe Spanish or a little more french


11. What’s your favourite quote?
I don't really have a favourite quote, but loving kindness is pretty special. How about a metta meditation;
   May I be filled with loving kindness
   May I be peaceful and at ease
   May I be safe from inner and outer harm
   May I be happy, joyfully caring for myself and others


12. Who do you want to meet right now?
the Buckley's man or Fisherman's friend dude


13. What is your favourite colour?
I love red (burgundy really), but also try to appreciate other colours for their strengths (blue -cooling, peace; green - healing; white -peace, healing; purple - higher consciousness)

14. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
-get a hairstyle that fits your lifestyle and the time that you are willing to offer it (kid friendly!)
-dress to make yourself feel good about yourself. When you feel happy and confident, others will see that too
-ummh round brush?


15. What is your dream job?
Tempting to steal This is an easy one! A writer. yup, gonna do it


16. What’s your favorite magazine?
err I get National Geographic and used to get Martha Stewart Living (which I really liked, but don't tell my aunt), but I also like Yoga


17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
me :), probably not, but I can dream about lobster, king crab....mmmm


18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
nasty track pants


19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
don't follow style icons really


20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
short, edgy, trying not to be to Mommy-ish


21. What are you going to do after this?
maybe see what kind of mess the kids have created in the basement


22. What are your favourite movies?
don't really have a favourite -like PS I Love You & Lord of the Ring Trilogies


23. What inspires you?
friends, my kids


24. What do your friends call you most commonly?
not Mommy blissfully...


25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
coffee usually, but this morning I had an herbal tea for my sniffles (am I milking it yet?)


26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
write, cry, go for walks near running water if I can find it


27. What makes you go wild?
can't think the last time I went wild


28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
http://promiseorthreat.blogspot.com/ - for reality
http://laura-take2.blogspot.com/ -for pics
http://www.ratherbeblogging.com/ - for laughs
http://gardenmama.typepad.com/my_weblog/ - for crafts

29. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
I love pie. Any kind of pie. I LOVE pie


30. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
three at present

31. Favorite Season?
probably summer, as I can go swimming then (and gardening)


32. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
soup, maybe Mr Noodles :) feeling the need for comfort food


33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
try to not see them in your daily life I suppose


34. What are you afraid of the most?
Have to second the notion here;
Something bad happening to one of my kids.


35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
yup, cracked dry lips. Definitely a mouth breather last night. sigh...

36. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
hugs, especially from my girls


37. A word that you say a lot?
"Eat!", "Stop!"


38. What would you do if you were made President for one day?
I have enough problems being Lord and Master of my house let alone having the responsibility of a country

39. What is that one thing that keeps you going?
My children wake me up in the morning and put a smile on my face when I kiss them to bed at night. Everything in between is just to get me to these points


40. What word drives you crazy when you hear it?
"help" - Not because I mind helping, but when there is no effort put into something on their own behalf.


And now I have a little girl who has been very patient and wants to play a game on the computer. So, consider yourself tagged! Please take a stab at these questions on your own blog. Post a comment letting me know if you do, I'll want to come and see how your answers compare to mine!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh..."Post a comment?" How about lots of comments?!? :)

    RE: #6 - you made me tear up there, lady. xo

    RE: #11 - Beautiful.

    RE: #12 - lmao!!

    RE: #27 - Need to do something about that, my friend!! :)

    RE: #28 - Thank you! Now I've been linked by someone other than myself. ;)

    RE: #37 - not at the same time, I hope!

    RE: #39 - Lovely.

    Thanks for doing this, I enjoyed reading your answers (and, of course, offering my two cents!! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M FAMOUS!!! ;) Thanks for the blog link! Glad you enjoy my pics!

    I love your answers! They kept a smile on my face right though #40. You are allowed to feel crappy when you are sick and you are DEFINATELY allowed to milk it on your own blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails