Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Job Title: Author

   I am a little hesitant to say anything, but what the heck. Are we not in the blogosphere to put our words across? To make our voice heard? Do we not take that giant leap of faith in thinking that someone might possibly have some little interest in the things rolling around our heads and what conceivably falls out? Yeah, something like that. I do not have readers falling all over me, but I know there are a few of you who wander by my page to see what interesting things I might spout today. So I will let you in on a little secret. Are you ready?

   I want to be a writer. 

   "WOW", I hear you say. "Yeah, join the club!"

   For those of us that write blogs, I can guess that we all are writers in our own sets. Presumably we would all love to be writers with a capital W. Generally, we accept that this golden dream does not happen for everyone. Well, today I took another step in that direction. I submitted a children's book for consideration. It is a silly animal ABC book. The odds of it getting published are questionable, but the point is that I am taking that first step. I have submitted a few poems to poetry sites as well, with no hits yet. This feels bigger though. It is a bit of a testing ground for me. I am taking a writing course at present which seems to be keeping my writing alive and well. I figured that if I truly want to make a go at being a writer, then I have to start somewhere. So I start by submitting my words out there. I am leaning quietly out of my comfort zone in hopes that I will not be shot down, or worse ignored completely. They both may happen, but I have to know that it happens to the best of them. So today as I sit pondering what life may look like in the future, that darned "What am I going to be when I grow up?" maybe I can hope and pray that some day I can say with pride that I am an author.

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl!! Good luck, my fingers are crossed for you!

    (But...pssst! Guess what? You already *are* a Writer-with-a-capital-W! Now, "professional" writer, that may well be something a little different, yes...but don't sell yourself short. An artist is still an artist, even if no one is there to admire the painting...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so happy and excited for you! I know how hard it is to take a leap into something that you love to do! I am still on the cusp of my photography and it is scary!
    Best of luck and know you have your very own fan club rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails