Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine to Self

Valentine to Self

A lovely post that struck a chord for me. I think that I could use more self-love. So perhaps a Happy Valentine's Day to me today.
Here goes then, ten things I like about myself;

1. I am a compassionate soul that wants to reach out and heal all those around me.

2. I breed beautiful, sensitive girls

3. I am not too horribly hard on the eyes (Ok, ok, I think I am reasonably attractive)

4. I have been told I have nice coloured eyes and I will go with that (light brown, if you are wondering)

5. I think that I have a gift for words and images, that maybe one day will produce a book if I can stick with it

6. I like to bake and am happy to report that I am fostering this love in my children

7. I love to garden and appreciate the gifts that are given from the Earth.

8. I am good at getting down to children's levels and making them feel recognized and important.

9. I try always to treat all people as equals and not discriminate against others for their differences. Appreciate the differences, or at least try!

10. umm, hmm; I am not afraid to try different things and look forward to new foods, new places (oh travel, bring it on!) and meeting new people (big groups kind of freak me out still , but I am trying to get myself out there and push my envelope when I can)

There, that wasn't so bad. I am not going to look at this too much or I will revise and criticize. I do not need that today. Happy Valentine's Day to you today. and to me. Hugs

5 comments:

  1. wow. i'm so touched you visited, were moved enough to comment and then were inspired to make your own list!!! that's the best kind of valentine's gift, really. nice to 'meet' you, "k" :) {nancy}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post on my blog today: a lovely Valentine's gift...and I thought I wasn't getting anything. Silly me!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. xo right back! my baby's finally asleep in his crib and i've just poured myself a glass of red about to watch streep and de niro in "falling in love" (just to torture myself) HA! just kidding. i'm just a romantic sucker at heart. have a good night, k! shoutin' out lotsa love your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of one good thing to say about myself. Then again I have this very dear friend, Katherine. She has all these wonderful attributes and more. Hopefully some of her goodness will rub off on me. Meanwhile, I will be content to just bask in her sunshine.

    Love yourself, there is a lot to be loved!!

    Happy Valentine's day.

    Randolph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well "me" & Nancy, I guess that I was just working on a little of #1. I think it is awesome that you two also found a niche together. I love how the blogosphere can offer us what we need when we need it. As always, I am blessed to have people out there to offer me the hugs I so readily soak up. Thanks Randolph. Sunshine to you all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails