Monday, February 15, 2010

wavering at the glasses edge

   For all the love I tried to pour into my consciousness earlier yesterday, I seemed destined to fall back into old familiar ways as the day progressed. After dinner, and a couple of glasses of wine, I expounded on how much I used to dislike myself, but tried to offer up the claim that I am working on it. For every day that I put on a big brave face and say that I am worthy, I let a tear slide and point out reasons why I am not. I waffle with dreams for the future and drag my heals on making the important decisions that will take me there. I let slip the "shoulds" and balk when I hear them come out of my mouth. For all the attempts at retracting them, I feel their power still rumbling in my heart. I did reach a bit of an epiphany though. Whether it helps or not, I am not sure. I realized that I have always had a difficult time in making decisions. That has always been a part of my personality that I have struggled with. I had a quiet moment with myself and remembered that the journey I have been on has been an incredible struggle and challenge. I am reinventing life and myself. It is one thing to do that, but traits have a way of clinging to oneself. So to chastise myself for not making decisions or moving forward truly does not help myself. I know that my journey has been more than difficult. It has been life changing, but it takes time and effort to also make those changes. Learned habits do not disappear overnight. They must be recognized and given their due. They do not have to keep me in stasis forever, but in taking away their demonization, their power diminishes and change will come. It already has, but confidence is lagging behind. Knowing that I am working on it and that maybe the steps are small and seemingly painful to those around me is just part of the process. I have to move forward, but I am. I am doing it my way and that is the only way that I know how. Stop, breathe, and look into self. Put it all out into the universe and know that it will all come to pass as it should. Learn and love.

3 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration, you know. You are loved and admired. I am sure that I am not the only one that will gladly cheer you on when you falter...and *everyone* falters. So be kind to yourself, my friend.

    PS - did you notice that the two one-word tags you assigned to your valentine's post go very well together? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is so much familiar to me in what you've written. all of this is wonderfully put and i thank you for the courage it took to type it out for public consumption. you are one brave and admirable, soul, k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly" - G.K. Chesterton

    -Randolph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails