Thursday, March 25, 2010

Advanced Pose

    I stretched out on the floor with my eyes closed. Her voice gently tickled and encouraged its way into my psyche. A huge yawn escaped me and she reflected that this was our bodies' way of cooling down the brain (hot head. Ha!).

   "It also serves to give us more energy", she advised. With limbs the weight of oak trees and  an attempt to stretch arms to the skies, I had to agree. That yawn must have given me some energy, as I could not lift them overhead at day break when little people were curling in to bed with me. Now my leaves unfurled with passion. I was a mighty tree with roots reaching down into the earth, as other swaying trees tried to distract my touch with the heavens.

   Breath. Advance pose for those that want to try it; curl the corners of your lips upwards as well. It's called a smile and she can always get one from me. She is beautiful. A red-tipped flame we all flock to for strength and approval. "So what", she says at our off days. We are here, now, and present. That is my present. Yes, to me. To breath and take on the advanced poses with that tricky little action called a smile. For so long I could not accomplish that tricky trick. Today, I forced myself to drag into the studio, hoping not to fall asleep in savasana. A little piece of me knew better. My yawn and closed eyes opened to a new day. I had energy and life and that little thing called a smile to carry forth into the rest of my day.

Namaste to you, my teacher V. Namaste to my fellow yoginis who teach me so much about life on and off the mat (and introduced me to a new Japanese restaurant today. Yum!). Namaste to me, for being present and showing up on the mat and sharing my smile with the world. Peace unto you.

3 comments:

  1. You lead so well. It's disgustingly amazing. I envy! Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.

    Also - love your daffodils, and am jealous that someone actually bought them for you...I had to buy my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, they were a virtual present. Beautiful none-the-less. I have to buy my own fleurs if I want them. No romantics around these parts but me.

    Thanks Mike and C. Yoga saved me from myself this am. Lack of sleep had a fine line in my brain on fire. Yoga smoothed me out, opened me up and set me back straight again. Saved my life another day.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails