Thursday, April 8, 2010

In those eyes


Your voice comes to me from afar
   floating away
through the cotton of my mind.
Black vibrations that I drift from.

"Are you alright?" I hear muffled
  over and over again.

Where am I?
With floor cool to the cheek
I want to embrace the darkness
just lie here forever.
Forever.

Louder.

The voice becomes clear.
"Are you alright?"
Now I can see you,
  touch you
You are so close.

   Those eyes?
Have I seen them before?
   I am in them
(how can that be?)
Fear wilts in the corners
I smell concern
Confused, I am lost.

Groggy,
Eyes down
What does this mean?
Slowly, slowly.

"Stay there."

Clear as the night sky
as the wind whisks away
yesterday's clouds
You take care of me.

Gentle,
gentle
I can not.
I must not.
Find love in tender touches
They will not be there tomorrow
(will they?)

Then
"How are you?"
Did I hear that?
What? No.
Sigh.
Where am I now...

1 comment:

  1. I just read this three times in a row.

    You are a *kickass* poet, lady.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails