Saturday, April 24, 2010

Six

To have and to hold;
  -you were always mine and true


For better or for worse;
   -lovers spats seemed never to reach "I've had enough". That's got to be better...


For richer or for poorer;
   -never rich, but never poor. You lived life with an eye to our future wealth


In sickness and in health;
   -keeping my end of the bargain cost me much,
         but I would do it again in a heartbeat despite sickness


To love and to cherish from this day forward;
   -so many memories that I hold fast that the word love does not give justice to


Till death do us part.
   -That's where they got it wrong. 
       Death does not part us, aside from in body. 
          Your soul watches over me; I feel its presence eternal.
             Your gifts keep on giving with little hands that grow daily
                 Long, long after we both are no more than dust in the wind 
                    the glow that we formed will still fill the ethers with loving grace


Happy Anniversary to you my dear sweet man. My road it wavers, and yet carries on. Your footprints hover inches above mine and I am blessed. Love eternal to you~


10 comments:

  1. Oh my dear...much love to you today. Despite all the heartache and the loss, you are lucky to have known such love in your life.

    Be kind to yourself, today and always.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. You are beautiful. Me is right: it is a treasure to have known such love.

    Thinking of you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Inuit Proverb

    You carry the torch with such serenity. God be with you till you will meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh...
    Twinkle, twinkle little star

    beautiful thoughts.
    Thanks for the love C, J and R

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang...tears. never far away...
    beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, you are such a softy Brian. Thank you. I suspect that you have a love that is true in your world. You are angels all my friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful...you made me cry today. I am so happy that you were able to experience that love in your life, so many people live a lifetime and never feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is never perfect, but reflection offers me great insight. My husband gave me more than I realized at the time. We were not without our moments, but he was a pretty decent guy. I miss the life that we had together, but am learning to move forward. Thanks Suzicate

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails