Friday, May 28, 2010

Black Widow Crossing

    I sit folding laundry after a busy day of running around. My glorious children somehow let me sleep in this morning, for which I am extremely grateful (I was up really late the night before last going through some new computer programs & had a child awake about two hours after I went to bed with a  nightmare. Ick!). So, this morning I still got my cuddles, but the girls went on their way after a spell. I won't tell you what time I got up for fear of repercussions from my jealous fans. :)
     While the plan had originally been to head out to visit Daddy, I quickly realized that there were not enough hours in the day. Somehow I ended up going through clothes to pull out the summer wardrobe. It was on the list of things to do, and apparently that shot to the top of the list. I suppose the heat wave we have been going through makes it a priority, especailly with only two pairs of shorts in my youngest's drawers. The mountainous load of laundry was daunting, but with six loads down, I am getting ahead of the game. I cannot finish the task at hand though, as I have run out of hours again. 
   "It's early yet," I hear you say.
   Yes, but this evening I am going out. Aha! One of those rare moments when Mama becomes Katherine. In fact, I am going to a party. A costume party at that. I can take it one step further even. The party (Stag & Doe) I am attending this evening is a superhero party. OH Yeah! I get to dress up and be a super-sexy super-hero! Unh, hunh! Well, it only took Nancy two months to convince me into this and she completely made my costume, but I am excited to be going. I thought about it and realized yesterday that as it was a stag and doe, there would be dancing! Ohhh! Oh boy! I will have to dance in heels (or kick them off to soft-toe in my fish nets). Perhaps there will even be new people to meet. Hmmm. That is exciting and nerve-wracking all at once, but in a good way. So my friends, I cannot stay. I have to finish my Mama duties, then squeeze me into my costume. Have a Super Friday!

Elegant Black Widow Costume

7 comments:

  1. is that your costume? wow. hope you have a great time tonight...its great to get out and let your hair down, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, undoubtedly, I would be INSANELY jealous of whatever hour you rolled out of bed at. Thanks for not rubbing it in! ;)

    2. Rawr! You are going to look like a million bucks tonight, girl! Have a blast!!

    3. There is no three. But I like lists. Haha. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jealous fan will try to support you whatever time you (finally) got up for the day. You deserve it, I'm sure!!!

    Ahhh, last week 3 nights in a row I was awakened too too early. One night by The Child with growing pains in her shins, and the other 2 by the cat wanting me to play. Oy.

    Off now to don my similar costume to vacuum the floor with... :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. *It wasn't exactly that, but I did have to squeeze into my dress. And I added more hair to let down!
    *Oh Jannie, I feel your pain. While I was spoiled the night before last, I was up early this morning. After partying with superheroes, I fell to bed LATE. The kiddies were in snuggling for a while before I finally decided to get up. I looked at the clock to see 8:10. Not exactly sleeping in in my books, but better than some Mommies that are up at 5:30-6AM regularly.
    *Good list Me. It was almost 10am yesterday! Sweet, but I knew it would not last.
    *Awesome Ji!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/05/29/week-20-poets-rally-poetry-awards-plus/

    three poetry awards,
    two general awards,
    enjoy!
    Thank you for the invaluable contribution in Thursday Poets Rally week 20.
    U Rock!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails