Thursday, June 24, 2010

A poet's life


Well, it looks like the Poet's Rally at Jingle's is no more. As her closing last hurrah, she posted up the Poet of May Awards. I will take it to display with pride. I know that for whatever issues Jingle has, she worked very hard at the rally that she organized. I find it amazing that she always managed to visit so many poets and always find even more every week. She was diligent about commenting and visiting everyone that joined the rally, which I applaud her for. She also visited all participants after the rally was done to personally hand out any awards. I hope for her sake that the troubles that have befallen her give her opportunity for pause, reflection, change and regrowth. She inspired many and created a great community where people could come together to appreciate each others work. For that reason and because I know that others have appreciated my work, I post the Celebrate the Poets of May award and congratulate everyone who put themselves out there for so many to appraise and praise over the days, weeks and months past. May your love of poetry continue to flourish.


Poetry
the words within me
flow freely,
soar softly
not for thee,
although I love that you see.


I hold heart exquisitely,
tenderly
with words that flee
across pages free
every time I want to be
heard lovingly.


For it is ME
that I write for
Me
that heals my soul
me
that needs release 
and finds it 
with the words on the page.


You are just along 
for my ride,
but I hope you enjoy
the journey.
~Peace~

8 comments:

  1. Yes, we do write for ourselves, but it is lovely of you to share-- beautiful!
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep writing...sharing these little glimpses of what you tell yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the display of words and kind remarks 4 me...

    you are blessed!
    love your poem,
    very fun and creative!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, so glad you share these beautiful words of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award, dear lady!

    Muchly deserved!

    So sorry to hear about Jingle, I really enjoyed reading her Poet's Rally on several of the blog I read.

    Please continue to share your beautiful poetry with us - it's so enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Thank you MM
    *I suspect there are a few words still in me Brian
    *I wish you the strength to work through your troubles ji
    *I am glad you like them Suzi!
    *Thank you so much Ron. You are a sweet man. For all that I write for me, I do appreciate when others like my words

    ReplyDelete
  7. a well deserved award matching perfectly the lovely poem; well done.wordwand

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails