Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Reflective Moments


Sometimes we are where we need to be.

Where are you at in your life right now? Have you just come through crisis, change or a period of inactivity? Is life looking rosy, full of questions, bleak or too challenging to go on? We all have days like that. Sometimes these periods last days, weeks months or just seem to never end. Everything that we go through is a process meant to teach us something though. I am learning how to stand on my own two feet right now. I am learning how to reach out to the world around me. I am learning that in reaching out, I am not weak, but rather stronger for the asking. This is a hard lesson that seems to be long in process. The lessons remind me that I am fallible, but that does not mean that I am a bad person. I remarked last week that in failure, we learn our lessons best. It is humbling, but holds a truth that I struggle with. This is where I need to be right now though. I am processing where I have walked, the steps of the journey and the possibilities of where I am heading.  I need to know these things. Overall, I need to remember that tomorrow is a new day.


8 comments:

  1. a wonderful reflection...if you asked me 5 years ago where i would be...it would not be where i am...but that is not a bad thing...it is a journy...things change...in many ways i have been humbled in having to ask for help and graciously receiving it where i had been comfortable being the one giving help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant reflection!

    I couldn't agree with you more. During a very dark time in my life, I too learned that in reaching out, I am not weak, but rather stronger for the asking. Big lesson for me, but I'm so grateful for the experience because it also taught me to be humble. In my weakness, I never felt more stronger.

    And you're so right....it IS a process. A journey.

    Thank you for sharing this post, dear lady. It was a great reminder!

    Hope you're having a beautiful day!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my dear! You know how I feel: you are an inspiration to me, all the time. You have one of the most beautiful - and strongest - souls that I have ever come across.
    Hugs...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I'm in one of those questioning places right now. It's hard. But it's life. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. And thanks so much for stopping by at Life is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely reflection. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/07/25/thursday-poets-rally-week-25-poetry-awards/

    awards for week 25,
    thanks for the previous participation.
    enjoy your new day.
    everyone is learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written! Be strong my friend, we can do impossible things if that's what's called for to move ahead. I'm nominating you for the Pink award. Check my site in an hour when the post will be up.
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails