Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tickled Tuesday


While I have not been a regular contributor over at Jingle's poet's rally for the last little while, I was pretty religious about trying to scrape together some bit of prose on Thursdays for her. She has a wonderful assembly of poets that are willing to link up to her rally on a weekly basis and I applaud them all for all their hard  creative work, plus visiting the prescribed number of poets that Jingle suggests every week. I do love the community that she has helped to foster and admire many of the artists she has found. With all the talent that she has visiting her on a weekly basis, I was surprised and honoured to have a visit from her this week announcing that she was offering me another award. I will post the other awards on my award page, but I thought I would highlight this Your Blog Is Grand Award. Thanks again Jingle. You are very kind.

Also to my surprise and delight, I received this beautiful Pink award from Mairmusic. I am not going to do a whole nother post for this beautiful pink award (see here for my recent acceptance speech), but I did want to say a BIG thank you to Marilynn over at Celebrating a Year. She writes divine poetry that is always just beautiful. I also recently discovered that she is a musician and listened to some of her music on her Myspace page. She plays Classical and Brazilian music on mandolin and bandolim. Very cool stuff that is worth a listen! Click here for a sample of some of her beautiful pieces. 

As for me, there is not much to say today. I worked hard painting all day (hardly! HA!), then got invited for dinner for my efforts. The girls and I enjoyed some tasty vittles and wonderful company with dear N, D and E. They are now abed and I believe fell asleep instantly after a busy day of water play at daycare. I think that I shall be following rather shortly. My allergies have begun for the season and they are draining me of all my super-powers. Accepting these beautiful ladies' awards has taken it all out of me. Perhaps I will work on another installment of my African tale for you lovely people, as it seems to be popular around these parts. Bless you all and thank you for all the hugs you offer!!! MMWWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. yay. more african tales....and i cant believe you are friends with letters of the alphabet...how cool...smiles. hope the allergies give you a break...congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the award.
    Have fun!
    you are very considerate and thoughtful to all.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian you make me laugh! haha; out loud even! Thanks. I needed that.
    I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow now. A promise is a promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jingle
    You do inspire a tonne of people and that is a wonderful talent. I am honoured that you take the time to visit me. Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Applause....applause....applause!

    WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

    CONGRATULAIONS on both these lovely awards. You sooooooooooooooooooooooooo deserve them!

    I love the baby grand piano award. It's beyond fabulous!

    And you ARE grand!

    Sorry to hear about your allergies. My mom was telling me on the phone last night that her's are really bothering her too right now.

    Here's some Reiki.....

    {{{{ kkrige }}}}}

    Hope you felt it!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...allergy season. Seems a shame that Canadains should have to suffer, when things are only "unfrozen" for six months of the year. ;)

    Hope you are feeling better soon. And congrats on your awards! :D
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ron. I have been doing a little TT on me as well. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You said it C. I think I am going to be requesting some stronger drugs from my doctor, as several people have been complaining of allergies around me and I fear for a bad season.

    Hey, Brian didn't include you in my alphabet friends!I know C, D, E, N, R and T all quite well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails