Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fungus Find


"Oh Mom! What is that across the street?" 
yelled over her shoulder
as she runs to the curb. 
She knows not to cross the road without permission.
With a glance out the window
 I recognize that I need a glance out the door
to get closer
 to the mysterious find of hers

"I believe it is a fungus;
from the mushroom family,
but with a closer inspection
we will certainly more see."
Crossing over to inspect
Through camera lens and her eyes
I am drawn back to nature
with wonder at the form and mystery of life.

~~~

I really am constantly bowled over by the view 
of the world through my daughters eyes. 
Just breath-taking and beautiful.
Thank you doesn't do justice to what they offer me.

5 comments:

  1. "I really am constantly bowled over by the view
    of the world through my daughters eyes."

    Yes! Yes! Yes! That's why I LOVE being around children so much. They remind me to always notice the things I take for granted as an adult. I also love how children say whatever is on their mind!

    Beautiful photos, Katherine!

    Beautiful post!

    Happy Saturday to you!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are a wonder, we are lucky to have the opportunity to share their viewpoint. Nice photos, beauty fungus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has such cool textures...nature does constantly amaze me. i was out in the woods today for several hours...saw a huge copperhead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great pics-- wow! I do miss having the magic-age kids at home, mine being grown and out on their own.
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your loverly comments my friends. It is time for me to hit the hay, but I just wanted to say thanks for the love and life should get back to some sense of more normal next week. maybe... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails