Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mid-Summer Reflections

Hello my friends. Good of you to stop by today. I have had a wonderful summer thus far, full of relaxing by the beach, visiting with family and friends, gardening and whatever whatnot that has held my fancy. I have to admit though, that works has been the last thing on my mind. Not exactly true, as I have thought about it, but just have not undertaken much paid employment. Things are about to change a little bit in that respect though, which I have to admit is probably a good thing. My little bee in the picture knows the value of a little labour. I think it is time I did too. This might mean a few less posts here, as I will be doing writing for others so my brain might be empty at the end of the day. As this has been my focus for the last couple of days, I don't feel an awful lot of inspiration today. Since I didn't post yesterday, I had to pop by for a few minutes anyway though. I thought I would take you for a wander through my garden today for a change in pace. I hope you are having a happy week, be it productive or relaxing. Enjoy!
~~~





Balloon flowers still blooming









These delicate little flowers were a gift that I was allowed by a dear woman that I gardened for last year. Their beauty  and hardiness remind me of her every time I look at them.






My butterfly bush hoping to attract a few winged friends to the garden.



 These unique sunflowers have a heady honey scent that is tempting for bees and me alike.



A green zebra tomato that is almost ripe. I cannot wait to taste this heirloom variety and hopefully save a seed or two so we can continue to preserve its quality.










This little gourd is compliments of last year's leftover Thanksgiving display. I cannot wait to see what colour it ends up and how big it grows!
Another heirloom variety plant picked up from the Gathering on the Green in the spring. This is the second eggplant I will have got from this plant thus far. I bought the plant on a whim, but my first taste was pure Yum!
and a little more sunshine at the end of the day
peeking through the black-eyed Susan.

5 comments:

  1. love those sunflowers and the black eyed susan pic is gorgeous...i hear you as far as the first part...though hope to see you around. smiles. and i just sent the crit...i'll wait for the hate mail...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....what GORGEOUS photos of your magical garden!

    Bellissima!

    Listen, just know that no matter how often you post, I will be here to read your words. I totally understand you focusing on your work right now. It's the same for me. July and August are very open, but as the Fall season kicks in, I too get much more busy at work.

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear lady!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely summer reflections...
    they take my breathe away.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Katherine, tip-toeing through your garden is a true delight. Thank you!!!

    You have so many lovely sides to you. I am SO glad we've met!!!

    About to spend a bit of time being gainful myself as I prepare my Big EBay Foray into book selling! Borrowinbg Kalyani's scale tomorrow, as a little girl in our house seems to have perhaps broken my postal scale. :) Wish me luck with the sales, as a good DSLR camera is my main goal with my funds.

    And please know I'll follow your posts to the ends of the Earth!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friends. You are all lovely folks to be so kind. I am excited and nervous about the busyness that is about to begin. The painting I am doing is going to increase again, which is known and good, so a relatively easy change. I am trying to brush off the tarnish that I feel is sometimes kicking around to push me to shine. Temptation came in the form of a phone call from a temp agency as well. When it rains it pours, yes.

    In other notes, that little eggplant is almost ready to pick now at 4x the length seemingly overnight. The green tomatoes are delicious and a hit with the girls as well. Much better tomato crops this year! And my gourd is much bigger and turning a hint darker yellow! Also ate the first carrots from the garden today. Lovin it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails