Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Naked as We Came

I wrote a poem that I am not sure I like.

I am too tired to fly to Africa tonight.

I cannot seem to get into my photo album to regale you with a new picture of something uber-wonderful to share with you and perhaps be inspired to write about.

I did go visiting some wonderful blogs this evening though (Just about Wednesday and OneShot is up and running already). I came across this post over at my friend C's blog and nodded my head all the way through it (something about everything to say/nothing to say and nowhere to start, so lost). Is the changing of the seasons sucking the life out of our feeble brains? I think not with seeing all the rest of the posts out there.

I shall turn into a pumpkin in approximately 2 minutes though, so regret I have not enough to share.

perhaps I will just share a song with you today. Iron and Wine is a staple for me when I need a musical comforting hug. Enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. Aww...Thanks for the shout out, K. And thanks for sharing the song. That is one of my favs as you probably know. Let Mr. Sam Beam sing you to sleep...I think I will, too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know just what you mean. It's a funny thing. I discovered quite by accident that writing about having nothing the write about almost always breaks the log jam. It's as though the muse says, "You think I have nothing to say? Well watch this, tootsie!" I hope it works that way for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you made it to bed before you turned into a pumpkin...smiles. nice song...sleep well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup! been there done that! no words that I can form..sometimes no thoughts that make sense!! Thanks for the song!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have days like that...can't get my thoughts on paper,makes it a quiet day of reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup...I so totally know what you mean, dear lady. There are times when I feel as though I want to squeeze my brain to get something out on paper - HA!

    But, eventually it happens when I least expect it.

    Lovely video! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Wednesday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Canadian Writer's Block Alert!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope you did not turn into a pumpkin...
    couldn't watch the video due to copyright restrictions in germany...it just says it's not available in my country.....ggggrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. *I did Ms C.

    *You are absolutely correct Patti. I went to bed, turned out the light and promptly flicked it back on to write a poem. I also had ideas on some short stories. funny that

    *I am pumpkin free today Brian!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. * Hey Deb. I love Iron and Wine. The music is often just perfect for the moment. I hope that despite my yawning brain, I can still retain some sense, but that is open to interpretation.

    *I hear you Suzi! Very much so.

    * Squeezing a drop of intelligence out of this noggin? Some days might be scary, but it certainly still elicited a few comments.

    *After effects from the full moon G-Man? Perhaps we are too sensitive a lot, hey? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. * Aww that sucks Claudia. It was Iron and Wine, an American acoustic artist that I really like. And good news, but the only pumpkins around here are the ones outside on the table. Thanks for popping by dear lady.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails