Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Toy Shoppe

**DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS INTENDED FOR ADULT EYES TODAY. ;-)
Mama went shopping and had fun without the kids today

The rain did slant across my door.
I could not stand it any more.
The babysitter, she arrived post haste
with clock a'ticking time was not to waste.

A gaggle of girls and one wayward guy
thought they'd join me to get an eye.
Tickets free in my hot little hand
soon enough in front of trade show I did stand.

Enter slowly, the hall was dim
lights were flashing by a girl standing slim
With a mike to hawk her colourful wares
My smile grew wide with no modest cares.

Bending, spinning, buzzing, hot
I liked the look of these toys a lot.
But just arrived I needed more
I had to see what else was in store.

Here was silicone. There was glass.
Oh my I thought, does that go in your ass?
Slip and slide and watch the show.
Now I can glean where the butterfly does go.

I could spend all day watching a dance,
but for one eye that kept at my watch with a glance.
So hot and bothered, I collected new toys
that would have to make do without any of my own boys.

and now you know my secret bare
for yes I am one who just might stare
at all those toys made just for me
to put a smile on my imagery

Too much I fear I have said today
I hope you don't turn in disgust away,
but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do
and I think in my place you would do it too!

12 comments:

  1. Mama's gotta do what Mama's gotta do! I say, "Good for you!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....love it...does that go in your...spatula? smiles. you 'pulled this off' nicely...glad you had fun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to be more discrete, but I just couldn't Brian. Now I am off to the dollar store to look at the household goods with a new eye...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is too funny. You know those home Tupperware and jewelry parties? The now have "toy" parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they do Patti! There was a company there that did home parties by the name of Fantasia. A friend of my Mom was a sales rep a few years back and needed hosts for parties, so I volunteered. It was alot of fun too, as it was very discrete (bought stuff with rep in separate room in solid not see-through red bag -took it home that day). You got to touch all the toys, lotions and potions and see how they worked without worrying about getting something you didn't want. Same idea as the show I went to, as they were all Very down to earth and hands on as far as displays went.

    Shall I organize a party? Who can make it to Ontario? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! I'll come! Umm, I mean attend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. teehee

    Another naughty girl in the midst. I like it! Any more takers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you know I'll be there for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right on! I've got two lovely ladies ready and willing to feel up the hawks and wares of a travelling silicone sales lady! Thanks C and J! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh-ho! I think that I just might have to make this happen. :) I will keep you all posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails