Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Leaving the Light on

I sit in the silence of my own creation. 
for  this,
Today
I am grateful. 
I have peace in my little space.
My tears, a dear memory
held close to my heart.
They are a piece of my ever- following soul,
but they do not own me 
anymore.
 ~

Now,
tears of dismay 
flow heavy.
Too many shattered ghosts
treading through carefully crafted worlds
fallen apart
from false promises.
Lo, 
fine spirits spun out in flux 
on yesterday's prayers forgotten
~

I held love in my hand,
not perfect,
not always soft, kind or cuddly,
but steadfast and strong.
Is it so hard to believe
that my lumpen love
was the rarest golden ember
that others beseech,
reach for its flawed facets
when that ember speaks to all?
~

I hear the echo.
I see the waves that ripple 
through times turbulent
remember well my "enough?"
and feel
whimpering for those lost
that I cannot help
or point the way for,
but know
 that I will hold my light out to forever.
~

***
Swirling winds of separation
seem to be the norm in my friendship circle at present.
It makes me thoughtful and sad
for those walking that path of thorns
~loving thoughts sent to you all~

8 comments:

  1. the words I sit in silence of my creation---how silent we grow, How impatient we are unless we pen down our thoughts.

    great read my friend


    Come along and join the challenge to think beyond...

    visit the link
    http://wizardmeetsvagabond.blogspot.com/2010/06/recall_11.html

    and share your own imagination triggered by the image...the comment section is waiting for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for keeping that light on...and those thoughts in the close...yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice One Shot - heartfelt and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some thoughts here on the realities of life and relationships, up down and somtimes not understood...lovely write....and thoughtful...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. * Hi wanderer and vagabond. I shall have to go over and check out your prompt. Thanks for the invite and thank you for stopping by. I appreciate it.

    * I am trying to walk my path. Face forward, if you will. Healing is a hard path and for all the gifts of understanding that have been offered, I cannot deny the same to friends wandering in the dark Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. * I appreciate you stopping by again Eric. Wasn't planning on 2 Oneshots (hey, it's supposed to be one, right?), but I wrote it and thought I would link up anyway.

    * Hello BKM. Life takes us on a windy road, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could feel your heartbeat in every single line..thanks for sharing this
    and i love that you still hold your light out..speaks of hope and an upright spirit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails