Monday, November 15, 2010

Perspective

   A friend has arrived on my doorstep. She has flown the coop, if you will, in order to put her life in perspective. We sat fireside last night and talked and talked, drinks in hand and hearts on our sleeves. I cannot solve her problems, but I can listen. And feel. A life in flux is a familiar theme as of late and I offer what I can to those that I care about. I offer me, what little wisdom I have, when I can. It is what I do.

   I suspect that more words will flow as the day progresses. I left my friend to catch up on sleep, while I coffeed up to fuel myself for the day ahead. It might be a long day. I start the day with this song and it feels right to share today. Enjoy and I hope that your life gains insight in some little curve of it. Peace friends.

8 comments:

  1. Sharing, listening, these are so important. Our paths do not simply unroll from a bolt of cloth already woven for us. They come in oddly-shaped packages, and sometimes need to be birthed in words, lots of words, even if they make little sense at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope that your friend finds her peace...and i know having you to listen meant a lot to her..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true Marilynn. Those ears that we offer cost little, but mean so much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. * So do I Brian, so do I. I offer what I can, knowing that my meager offerings fill up the good deed coffers, as I will need to take my own withdrawals from it again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I cannot solve her problems, but I can listen. And feel."

    You're exactly right, Katherine. And I find that sometimes the most powerful thing a friend can do for a friend, is to just listen. There is great healing in sharing ourselves with someone who we feel close and safe with.

    You're a wonderful friend!

    X

    P.S. enjoyed the song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "There is great healing in sharing ourselves with someone who we feel close and safe with."

    You are such a dear Ron and so right. I always appreciate when you stop by. That is some of the joys of the blogosphere as well, as we get to talk and get things out of our head. I find in doing that, sometimes it helps to give me that perspective that I crave so much.
    hugs to you dear man

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like a heart-to-heart with a friend. Having those ears, that kind of understanding is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails