Wednesday, November 17, 2010

to all that dare...

full of sunshine and smiles
(perchance that vitamin D
doth work?)
I brave the soggy stares
of myriad sombre folk.

November rain
is not to blame,
as clouds have only dropped
scant cool reserves
to shatter soul's sentinel refrains.

Nay, the gray
coat of depression lay
in another's arms
far from the weather's watch,
I do surmise.

Not for me to say
what causes this sad foray
rather perk up my orb
and throw Mama's ball of bliss
at the drowsy midlins that  surround me

You!
turn that frown upside down!!
You!
doe-si-doe down the middle!
Hup!!

All of you now;
let's kick up our heels
and let out a holler
for a release with a bray
unclogs energy fodder

I am stamping my feet
and raising arms high
searching for giggles
with my antics;
I try

a final whoop
another flung jig
sweat wiped from my brow
I bow and curtsy
for this fine shindig

What, you didn't know
that the party was in town?
Why it's Wednesday eve!
and the Oneshot crew
is having their slamdown!

I must hurry now
if I want to add mine
the clock's ticking down
and Midnight's curfew
is where they draw the line.

So join in the fun
and throw some words in the air
generous hearts wait to catch them
offering praise and courage
to all that dare...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay you good folk. It is late and I am no expert on this medium, but I have made an attempt at a reading.

10 comments:

  1. haha....love this....totally want to hear you saying this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Brian. Record it and post a .wav file!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add my vote for a reading. I love the energy and encouragement in this. You have obviously "heard" the blues playing out here in the blogosphere, as I have. This is a great enticement to lay down the woes and join the party.

    Thank you so much for your really nice comment on my entry. You fill me with warm fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto! And it would be even more fun to see you doe-si-doe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, oh! It would seem my little ditty has gone over pretty well, but now more is needed. A reading you say? I will see what I can do folks :)
    I don't think you will get the video though Talon, sorry. Ha! Oh, and thanks for letting me know I am not alone in sensing the blues this week. Figured I would counter the downer with a howling, yowling shout out for all to LOVE and have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kkrige

    A great one shot... I liked the way you have gathered up all to join the party... Thanks, I am enjoying it... and this one brought smiles...as I read away as much as I can today..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! and what a party it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. * I figure it is a great party Shashi, but I just wanted to shake it up a bit; add a high-kick or two :)

    * Hi Marilynn. shake your money maker baby! I am dancing along to your groovy tunes on the mandolin! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came back and saw you added a reading, I was so excited! But when i click the button, I get the message "An error occurred. Come back later".

    Not sure if it's just me? Well, I'll come back later, I guess!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails