Friday, February 25, 2011

The Neverending Story




Turn around
Look at what you see...

Reach the stars
fly up and you'll see

Dream a dream
and what you see will be

lives that keep their secrets
will unfold behind the clouds

And there upon the rainbow
is the answer to a neverending story

In your hands
the birth of a new day

** Those are 55 words, but not mine today. I borrowed them from Limahl, the singer behind "The Neverending Story". It is the theme song for a movie by the same name, that I loved as a kid. I watched it with my girls tonight and they enjoyed the story as much as I did back in 1984, and still do today. It is a movie about believing in yourself and your dreams. It touched my heart with its pure message, and I share with you above some of that.


If you have a Flash Fiction in 55 words, go check out the fun over at G-Man's. He is always a swell host and will make a point of coming to visit you. Happy Friday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. *smiling*

    Oh Katherine, I too remember seeing this movie back then and being equally touched by it's pure message.

    "believing in yourself and your dreams."

    Thank you for the reminder, dear lady!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ron: You of all people know this message best I think. I hope you catch all your dreams this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine...
    I've borrowed a line or two or three in my day, never mind, I'm very appreciative!!
    Loved your 55 My Friend.
    Thanks for playing, thanks for your support, and have a Kick Ass Week-End.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a cool movie...i have not seen it in far too long...wonde what my boys would think...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny...Tyler and I were just talking about this movie on Thursday night. He loved it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @G-Man: High-fives to you G! Have a great weekend.

    @Brian: I bet they would love it! It is a great movie & I think your kids are the right age for it. Who doesn't like adventure and being the main character in your own story?

    @Me: We tend to do pizza and a movie on the weekend (usually Friday). I loved this movie as a kid and thought the girls might like it. As we watched along, I hoped that I had remembered anything that might not be appropriate for little eyes, but it was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard that song in YEARS! I've always loved the melody. Thanks for sharing it's memory that hold up and shines on!! Nice voices, and harmony.

    I never saw the movie, but I am curious to see how the singer looks today, if his hair has been updated. ;)



    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jannie: I looked him up and he looks pretty similar, just a few more lines in the face. You should find it & watch it with your girlie Jannie. I bet she would like it. Anyone who likes books, worries about fitting in or is trying to find their path in life can appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...whether these are your 55 words or not, I love them, Katherine!! And I love you for SHARING them with us here... Really, it's exactly what I needed today!!!
    And while we are at dreams, to you I give "Dream On" by Aerosmith... have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kavita: I kind of picked and chose lyrics a little bit, but they have always touched me. I am glad that I offered a bit of something you needed Kavita. Hugs to you!

    Now to go and listen...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails