Sunday, May 8, 2011

Snapshot of my Past

Mother's Day 2005
Sun shone.
Air
gentle and mild
plastered faces in smiles
My first Day.

Eyes held a beginning tale
that would conclude 2 years later
when Daddy faded
from this picture


-/\-
(Aw shucks, that isn't a very happy mother's day poem is it? The pic was taken on my first mother's day; a few weeks after Daddy was diagnosed with cancer. Daddy's kind of help to make Mother's Day more special, so even though it is supposed to be a day to celebrate me, I tend not to be so excited. I know my girlies have special treats for me though, so I will do my best to smile for them & be a happy mommy)


Happy Mother's Day to You
& Happy Sunday 160.
Go visit some of the other folks
who link in and get your fill
of reading about Mommy's praises
as I am sure they will abound.

7 comments:

  1. Hugs to you today, miss K. You deserve to be celebrated today, my dear. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let yourself be celebrated. And, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers Day hugs to you. Thanks for playing along with the Sunday 160 and sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Me: Thanks C. I needed those hugs.

    @Mama Zen: It's funny MZ, but on the day when Mamas are supposed to be celebrated, I didn't feel like I deserved to be. I was grumpy and felt like less than a stellar Mommy. I got some much needed hugs from my own Mommy and Grandma though, as well as my sister, aunt and the menfolk & little 'uns in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Monkey Man: Sorry for the glum verse MM. The days that are supposed to be special reminders are indeed reminders, but they can still be hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Mother's Day - keep smiling, in life we just have to keep going. Thanks for sharing your story. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LivingInAurora: Thanks Anna. You are very right about keeping on going. And when I share, it lightens my burden, plus potentially someone else's. We are not alone and I thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails