Sunday, December 4, 2011

End of an Era


It’s the
End
Of an era
~

Oh Monkey,
You swung us thru
This junglescape
& kept us
On our toes.
Yelling,
“Quit monkeying around
With syllables down.
You’ve only 160
To play
With!”
~
Sniff,
Now
No more…

*****
Tonight is Monkey Man's last night for his weekly Sunday 160 challenge. I know there will be lots of people wondering what to do with their Sundays now, but I for one salute you for all that you did to improve my writing with this great exercise in brevity. Here's a song dedicated to you from a new band I just discovered that does some kick-ass Christmas tunes. Keep swinging Monkey! We love you baby!!

 

8 comments:

  1. that was a really cool song...or rendition...

    yeah i was looking back at the 160s today its been a staple of mine for like 2 years...i will miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing this from my phone, so I will have to listen to the song later. Thank you for the personal touch on your 160. I just need a break. I may or may not resurrect the Sunday 160. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brian: They also have an awesome version of O Holy Night that you should totally check out. http://youtu.be/fR77X3hV4F0

    Worth a listen & what attracted me to them in the 1st place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Monkey Man: Bananas down Monkey. You will always be king of the swinging vines. Peace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine, what a cool song! So neat!

    And I didn't know Monkey Man wasn't doing the 160's anymore. I never did try one of them, but was always impressed with how well everyone did them (especially the 160 King himself).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right - 160 characters keep writers on their toes! I hope to goodness they'll carry on somewhere, somehow in another reincarnation. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Talon: I didn't know until last night myself Talon. I am pretty sure he will still be around, just on hiatus from 160s for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jinksy: I am sure there are writing challenges to be found all over the place, but we will miss Monkey Man though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails