Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Drip in Time

So does this mean that winter is done? 

Not likely, as the good folks in Illinois have some winter weather headed my way tonight. Just when I was beginning to believe that rascally groundhog that suggested that Spring was on the way, the weatherman declares that we will get 10-15cm of snow tonight and into tomorrow. I have seen more grass than snow this winter, but about once a week we get a taste of Arctic airs again. Apparently, its on the way for another blast!

The 2C we had today was pretty sweet though. Mmm Spring, I feel you around the corner! I even pruned my butterfly and burning bushes today, just to feel like a gardener again. It helps that I wrote an article about pruning trees in the winter yesterday, I guess. Nice to have the sunshine on my face though.

Back to the harsh reality that it is still February in Canada at present. There is a snowfall warning for Middlesex county that is threatening to be the biggest storm of the season! Oh joy! Back into the snowpants again!!

Maybe tomorrow I will post pictures of my winter wonderland and the transformation that we go through. Excuse me while I go throw some of the mud-caked mitts into the next load of laundry in anticipation. Can't forget my warm woolly hat!

So, what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

  1. nice...we had 8 inches of snow on sunday...was so awesome to play in...and then it was 70 today...sheesh...one extreme to the next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Wow, 8"! Hard to guess if we have had that all winter. That would have been fun to play in for sure. Too bad it didn't last
      :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, we here are experiencing the same kind of erratic weather.

    For two days it's been so warm (actually hot), then today is FREEZING cold.

    Crazy isn't it? And it know this is going on all over the world because even my friends in Europe are saying the same thing.

    Well...I have a feeling winter is not over yet, because we too have been getting warnings that snow is coming in March.

    Can't wait to see your winter wonderland photos!

    Have a super weekend, my friend!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: Well Ron, you just wait and see what we got! I don't think jealousy will be a factor. Crazy winter...

      Delete
  3. Yesterday was summer weather. We worked in the garden preparing for spring planting. Today we had hail storms with our rain. We don't often get hail so that was pretty exciting. Weather makes no sense these days. Odd winter perhaps portends an especially wet spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stranger: From one moment to the next, it has been a weird winter. Not a lot of snow, but still plenty of precipitation in the form of rain. I would rather the snow in winter though, as rain can be just downright depressing in these parts with its muddy brown results. Spring is definitely in the air though. We'll see what it holds!

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails