Monday, March 5, 2012

lost

icy orbs blue
flow through you
attached to my heart
through mine own eyes, what a start!


I see true
what I want from you,
but wonder if we ever part
whether you'll still be my sweetheart?


It all seems so new
as life dips, sways and brews.
Ach, I am smitten with your dashing art-
ful ways that promise eternal love to impart


my cold resolve at strength is lost
given freely, heedless of this cost

~~~

A far cry from 250 words. This poem is even farther from 500 and there doesn't really appear to be even a lick of fiction in there, but I managed to throw in "lost", which is the prompt for this week's new meme hosted by Stranger and Me. If you are interested in checking out their new writing challenge, every Monday they have a new prompt to inspire a "Mostly Fiction" piece. They would love it if you checked it out and be even happier if you joined in!

Thanks for stopping in
xo

10 comments:

  1. smiles...let it take its time and surely you will figure that out...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Don't get me wrong Brian. While it can be scary at times, I am not too upset at being lost in those blue orbs. :) Just have to get used to it a little more is all

      Delete
  2. "Mostly fiction" doesn't mean it has to be fiction. :) Do you think mine was really fiction? The only thing fiction in there was the setting. We were at Disneyland.
    And the word count is maximum words not minimum.
    So in my opinion, this is a perfect example of MFM. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stranger: I figured that I probably wouldn't get kicked to the curb, but you & Me were more focused on prose vs poetry. Thanks for the inspiration :)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully, and I mean BEAUTIFULLY expressed, Katherine!

    You've shared all the emotions that we ALL feel at times like this. But it's as you shared in your comment to Brian..."Just have to get used to it a little more is all."

    (((((( You ))))))

    I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you, my friend!

    Have a GRAND week!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: Thank you Ron. Hope you have a smashing week yourself :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I hope to get a face-to-face visit very soon, so I can hear a little more about these blue orbs, my friend!

    And as for MFM, we're pretty easy there. Steve at Reading by Publight has been playing for weeks, and frequently posts poems. The last few weeks, he's incorporated about 72 different prompts and memes all in one post (okay, maybe a *slight* exaggeration...), including Magpie and G-man's 55...so anything goes! :)

    So glad you played, come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me: Well, gee shucks. Thank you Mam.

      And if you are around during march break, perhaps we could meet up then. :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, this makes me smile! So, are those blue orbs gazing upon this blog, smiling along with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pattiken: Those blue eyes are indeed smiling along with you my dear =;^)

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails