Monday, May 14, 2012

Broken Music Monday

This is just heavenly. A friend recommended this song to me and it transported me as soon as I heard it. Unless you are otherwise familiar with this band, let me introduce "Freelance Whales" out of New York. They are a weird conglomeration of musical talents that embrace any instrument they can tickle a tune out of (like harmonium, banjo, glockenspiel, synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums, waterphone - what the heck!!!).

Not that it really counts, but the name of the song is 'Broken Horse', which has me in mind of the ladies over at Mostly Fiction Mondays. The theme this week is Broken. What say you ladies? I personally think the song is far from broken, but I offer a tune to you none the less.

 

8 comments:

  1. ah my computer wont let me see the vid...so will come back when i get home later...

    hope you are doing good k and had a good mothers day yesterday...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know their song "Hannah" from the radio. This has quite a different feel to it. Perhaps I should give the whole album a listen... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mijayami: It is pretty. I had to listen to a few more of their tunes, but this one was my fav.

      Delete
  3. pretty cool...the background sighing voice kinda over powers the words a bit at points but i enjoyed the listen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: I am waiting for some suggestions from you my friend! Bring them on!!!

      Delete
  4. Yes, this heavenly, Katherine!

    It has a wonderful 'earthy' feel to it.

    "(like harmonium, banjo, glockenspiel, synthesizers, guitars, bass, drums, waterphone - what the heck!!!)."

    That's AMAZING! I also love he album cover.

    Thanks for sharing, my friend. Have a maaavalous Monday!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron: Happy Monday to you too Ron. Going to float into the rest of my afternoon now after getting another listen to this. Cheers Ron!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it's beautiful. I'm going to go find more by them.

    P.S. When I saw the title I had hoped you were tying it in to our weekly MFM theme.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails