Monday, May 28, 2012

CAUTION: Hot Monday

It's Monday. Its 31C and feels like 39C. That's 102.2F for you American folk who are enjoying the last of your Long Weekend today.

I have the radio singing behind me, but sadly I have nothing worth sharing with you folks. It is just distraction today. I am trying to block out the music of diggers, chainsaws and steamrollers that comes from outside my window. Construction season has begun and is in my neighbourhood for the remainder of the summer. The sound of backup beepers at a few minutes to 7am is not really what I would consider music to anyone's ears and certainly not how I would choose to be awoken on a Monday morning.

CAUTION: Grumpy Mama on Board

Perhaps I should have looked for an office job this summer? Anyone need a gal Friday? Can I get a do-over?

(Pretty thin for the MFM theme Do-Over, but my concentration is not what it could be as I watch orange-vested construction workers traipse across my front lawn and the pavement dissolves into a muddy gravel pit by my driveway. It's going to be a long summer people. This is only the beginning of my gripes I fear.)


7 comments:

  1. smiles...got to love construction season...its all over the roads down here....and its 94 here today...just got back from the ice cream shop with my boys...yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Yes, they say there are only truly 2 seasons; winter and construction. blah!

      We are going to beat the heat & get out of the dust by joining a friend for dinner. Might have to get me an ice cream too!

      Delete
  2. LOL! I totally get it. It's hot here too and every year I complain, "Why didn't we get a house that had central A/C and decent insulation?!" The house across the street is getting rehabbed, and although the work is done during the day, the noise has been enough to make me cranky and wish I had somewhere else to be.
    Great MFM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stranger: I thankfully have a/c, but it doesn't block out enough noise when they begin work first thing in the morning.
      "Great MFM"
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I have an idea...you can have MY job! You might have gathered that it was a small source of inspiration for today's post, right? :)

    I feel for you, my friend. While we went through this too, I was always up well before the guys started up with their racket and I had an office to go to all day long. I sense much time camping and at the trailer this summer might be in the cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me: "I have an idea...you can have MY job! You might have gathered that it was a small source of inspiration for today's post, right?"

      I suspected as much. Sorry to hear tell work is lame. As long as the work is not on the weekends, things will be better. I just might be on mode for road trips to places with wifi though! ;)

      Delete
  4. Yowza, that's hot! And surprising for so far north. I think that doesn't bode well for any of us, I suspect. I'm sorry the construction is practically in your front year. But I welcome the sight of new construction. I take it as a sign that things are improving. I hope that's not just wishful thinking on my part.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails