Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Burnt Pictures

Somewhere between a smile 
and a sigh
the world swirled,
stopped
and set my soul
on fire
burning pictures 
of life 
as I knew it


Gusts
blow through me
leaving me cold
as the ice that threatens
to form 
over yesterday's
love

This is not how it was supposed to be
This is not
what I expected 
when I looked at your face
This is not
a reality
I ever wanted to explore

Now
closing my eyes
can't erase the words
won't replace the facts
refuses to change the future
nor
 any tomorrow


I hold onto
the last vestiges 
of colour, hope, faith
and pray 
that we can 
all 
weather the storm
that approaches...

*for those that worry; a tale of love lost, but not my own

5 comments:

  1. glad it is not your own...but still...it comes from feelings we all have or have had....the burning of the pics of life as we know it...been there...great way to put it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Thanks Brian. Sadly, there is truth behind the words & it breaks my heart for all involved. May all parties whether this storm

      Delete
    2. oops, that would be 'weather' the storm.

      I fail the spelling bee :(

      Delete
  2. Thanks for adding the post script, I was worried abut you for a second. Of course, I feel for the nameless subject of the piece (and sadly, can relate to some degree...), but am relieved to see that love still conquers all in your own life.

    Be well!
    -C

    (PS...I Don't know why, but my iPad doesn't like your blog. I just had to refresh several times to get this comment in...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Me: Well, you better get a new iPad then! :p

      And if you can relate to a degree, then I have only one comment - only YOU can change that. I wish that the parties involved here had communicated better long before life came to pass in this way. Things happen for a reason though & it is not for me to say whether it is right or wrong.

      And Yes, Communication & Love do indeed still rule my world :)

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails