Thursday, December 11, 2014

ghosts

The ghosts come from my closet
the door swings open wide
voices fill the airwaves.
I must take it in stride

I didn't know the door was shut
I never knew it slammed
upon so many faces
til suddenly I'm deprogrammed

Now time's a funny object
It's given me some gifts
I must decide which are welcome
and which ones to set adrift

Do they all come wrapped in paper
present everlasting truth
or do some hide secret messages
to uncover like a sleuth?

As history slides still further
I feel it yet inside
it's left a permanent mark
the scars I can't abide

Doubt crosses many borders
I grapple one on one
with ghosts who stand in front of me
and wish this had never begun




2 comments:

  1. this time of year...the ghosts are pretty thick...
    though dealing with them...at least keeps mine civil...
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ghosts have definitely been thick this season Brian

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails